Festive Christmas Book Tag!
Christmas is today! On a Wednesday, which is my usual posting day and I had to post something! Remembering that there is a Christmas Book Tag that I actually did a couple of years back, I decided to do it again now that I have read more and broader than little ‘ol 2017 me.
These questions were originally created by GirlReading on YouTube and has been done by other YouTubers. I won’t be tagging anyone specifically, so if you want to do this tag, please consider yourself tagged and make sure you credit the original creator.
Now that’s out of the way, let’s get into this tag!
1) A fictional family you would like to spend Christmas dinner with?
The obvious and most genuine answer to this is The Weasley Family. I just relate so much to the chaos, chatter and togetherness that would happen at a Weasley family gathering. I assume it would feel like being very much at home and with my own chaotic family.
2) A bookish item you would like to receive as a gift?
This is actually kind of difficult…
I would like to receive something subtle that I can wear to show my love for my fandom. Something like a cute scarf with runes on it, or clothing pieces with subtle patterns from my fandom (like the ones they sell on Black Milk).
3) A fictional character you think would make a perfect Christmas elf?
Nick & Charlie from the Heartstopper comics would make the cutest Santa helpers! They would both be so good with kids and absolutely have the best time handing out gifts to people, especially if they were doing it together.
4) Match a book to its perfect Christmas song.
All I Want For Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey
Chain of Gold by Cassandra Clare
because I really really really want a copy of that book in my hands, asap!!
5) Bah Humbug. A book or fictional character you’ve been disappointed in and should be put on the naughty list?
Yeah, I went into Wilder Girls earlier this year expecting for a thriller, YA novel with a shit-tone of female empowerment but was severely disappointed with what I read. Very much a novel for the naughty list.
6) A book or a fictional character you think deserves more love and appreciation and deserve to be put on the nice list?
ONCE & FUTURE by Amy Carpetta and Cori Mcarthy
Goddamnit! Give this book more love because I don’t see anyone praising it and I need everyone who reads to know about this book and how bloody amazing and relevant it is for the youth (and adults) of today!
7) Red, Gold and Green. A book cover that has a wonderfully Christmasy feel to it.
Weirdly enough, I actually think that Priory of The Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon has a strangely Christmassy feel to it. I haven’t read it yet, but I may think this because it is based off of lore tyand so are many Christmas stories.
8) A book or series you love so much, you want everyone to find under their Christmas tree this year so they can read it and love it too?
ONCE & FUTURE by Amy Carpetta and Cori Mcarthy, Goddamnit!
I hope you enjoyed this. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas Eve, Day and Night and that you received all the love, gifts and food you hoped for this festive season xx
OG Book Tag Credit To GirlReading On YouTube
See you back here on Monday’s (book reviews), Wednesday’s (storytime/ writing updates) and Saturday’s (other bookish content).