It’s been a long time coming!
I absolutely loooooveeee bookshelves. More importantly, bookshelf tours and bookshelf organisation videos. I don’t know what it is, but something about the fast motion of a time lapse where people zip around the room and books are put on the shelves and moved around by some speedy fairy is so captivating.
Well, guess what I did!?
I made a bookshelf organisation and (kinda) bookshelf tour video. It has a time lapse from when I first put my shelves together plus a tour of those shelves; as well as a tour of the new look shelves as at September 2018 when I filmed the footage. You can watch the video here, or at the end of the post.
In the video, I don’t go into too much detail about how I organised my shelves, only because my arms were the most sore trying to hold up my chunky ass camera in the air (my bookshelves are situated above my desk). In this post, I will go into more detail about why my shelves look the way they do today, as seen below.
My Bookshelves (Nov 2018):
Starting at the top: I have a Lorien Legacies box set; Pop Funkos; Harry Potter and Shadowhunter series (plus codex) all in paperback; plus all of my journals in the corner.
Moving onto the first shelf:
- Left box: I have all of my adult, non-fiction and assorted genres that also look kinda pretty just shoved here as I don’t have many in this category.
- Middle box: Majority of these are contemporaries until my boyfriend bought me the Norse Mythology book which I needed to have on display somewhere.
- Right box: This box contains more contemporaries but moved into housing my fantasy novels plus a few large novels that I think are contemporary but could be adult. They just fit in the corner so snugly.
Lastly, the bottom shelf:
- Left box: Here I have placed my Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff works plus some other fantasy series and my Lord of the Rings Box Set.
- Middle box: SHADOWHUNTERS!!!! + ARCs and the gorgeous The Marvels novel with gold edges.
- Right box: Right now this is my neatest shelf, and I think that is because I am currently reading the books from this shelf so they have to remain accessible. This shelf houses my Rick Riordan, Samantha Shannon and Sarah J. Mass novels and will continue to grow.
Thank you so much for reading xxx I’d love to hear about your bookshelves or your ideal bookshelves!
I have the biggest dreams of a house of bookshelves but that’ll be in the future sometime (hopefully) x
Do you have bookshelves? How do you organise them?
Also, how big is your TBR pile????
With Love Bree xx
I'm a Book Depository Affiliate! Get Free Shipping on ALL BOOKS Everywhere! © Jasper+Spice 2018. All Rights Reserved. Please do not use without my permission. This post was not sponsored, all photos and graphics are of my own creation.