Today I bring to you a very late January Wrap-Up, brought to you by my friend who I am probably letting down by writing this post and not doing the group assignment.
In the month of January I managed to read 3 books:
- Gregory and The Grimbockle by Melanie Schubert, who was lovely enough to send me a copy. I posted a review if this book last month and I also did an interview with the author which can be found here.
- Turtles All The Way Down by John Green was the second book of the month. I have linked my review above also.
- Storm and Grace by Kathryn Heyman was sent to me by Allen and Unwin a while back and I had put it off because it didn’t sound like my type of read. Last month I thought I should finally give it a go and it was a wild read. I recommend you read my review (linked above) before picking up the book because it is not for everyone.
A little bloggers inside: This post was planned to be posted almost 2 weeks ago on the 3rd of Feb, but due to the amount of stress I was under and how pressed I was or time towards the end of semester, I made a decision to delay the post till now.
I also purchased 2 books in the month of January:
- I grabbed The Book Of Dust at Readings bookshop near Uni. My boyfriend had been given a Readings gift card and handed it off to me; it had just enough to get me the hardback copy which cost $32.
- I then picked up The Empress at a Dymocks near work for $20 with a gift card I was given for Christmas.
How pretty do they look?!!!
I love how the blue of the Empress complements the Red of the first book, The Diabolic (which isn’t photographed), though I do want to comment on how authors are doing this red and blue thing with their spines, where the first book has a red spine and the second book has a blue spine.
I have noticed this especially in the Valentine and Ironheart books by Jodie McAlister, where Valentine has the complimentary colour red and Ironheart being blue.
These colours look beautiful together and I have nothing against it; makes it easier to find series when I colour code my shelves 🙂
Now that everyone, is my January all wrapped up in a nice little bow.
Stay Happy, Healthy, and have a Lovely Week!!
Thank You so much for reading! I hope to see you all back here on Wednesday 🙂
I’m a Book Depository Affiliate! Get Free Shipping on ALL BOOKS Everywhere!
© Jasper+Spice 2018. All Rights Reserved. Please do not use without permission. This post was not sponsored, the photos and graphics are my own.
Instagram // Goodreads // Pinterest // Bloglovin’ // Twitter // Tumblr Main – Journaling –Shadowhunters – Beauty