Hey Ho Bookaholics!
I’m back guys, did you miss me? I feel so bad that it has been a week since I last posted on this wonderful blog and I can break it down to two things – that should never have stopped me blogging in the first place;
1. Work: my dad got me a job in a factory working 8hour shifts Monday to Friday and I am damn exhausted and very cranky.
2. Brooklyn Nine-Nine: only the best cop show to grace our screens! This is what has been occupying my time after work and now that I’m up-to-date with all the episodes, I have more time to blog without distractions.
Silly excuses but hey what can I say, maybe a weeks break is a good thing?
I’m also back from my reading slump-ish thing that had me 30 pages into the most amazing piece of literature: Nevernight by Jay Kristoff with no desire to finish it; so upon finishing the last episode of B99, I picked up The Fifth Avenue Artists Society by Joy Callaway for a genre change and I’m loving it!
Today I’d love to discuss with you what books I plan to read – and hopefully buy – this year. These books are all anticipated new reads that I wish to read in order to either complete an already begun series or a stand-alone that has really piqued my interest.
- The Illuminae Files #3 by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman, which is currently untitled and will most definitely trump the other two books in the series as Illumiae did to Gemina. I also hope to go to the book launch this year when the book is released as it would be lovely to meet Amie and Jay once again and be treated to Jay’s witty humor and Amie’s goofiness.
- Magnus Chase and The Ship Of The Dead by Rick Riordan, will finally get us to Ragnarok, ironically in the same year that Thor 3: Ragnarok is being released, and though I still have to read all the Percy Jackson books before October, I can’t wait for the release!
- A Court Of War And Ruin by Sarah J. Mass, though I an still yet to read ACOTAR and ACOMAF I would love to start this series as I have heard lots of praise on this series.
- Lord Of Shadows by Cassandra Clare because Shadowhunters are life!!!
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber, is another book that has been given lots of praise by ARC readers and the premise sounds absolutely captivating.
- The Song Rising by Samantha Shanon, though I already own it, I am yet to read it so it must make my list for anticipated reads as it has not been released as yet.
And that concludes my not so extensive list of books I want to read in terms of what is being released this year, though there are many other books much like the Percy Jackson books that are ‘old’ that I still need to read.
What Books Are You Anticipating The Release Of This Year?
Stay Happy, Healthy, and have a Lovely Night!!
Thank You so much for reading and I hope to see you all back here again Monday 🙂
I’m a Book Depository Affiliate! Get Free Shipping on ALL BOOKS Everywhere!
© Jasper+Spice 2017. All Rights Reserved. Please do not use without permission. This post was not sponsored, some photos are my own and were featured on my Instagram @thebookishbree. Please follow me on Goodreads (jasperandspice).