Hey Ho Bookaholics!
Today you’ll be hearing a story about how I got sucked in, braved my fears and started watching the gripping Netflix original: Stranger Things.
Season 2 of Stranger Things aired last week in America on the 15th of October (because here in Australia we have to wait a whole year for a new season to be shown on our t.v.s), dead set in the middle of the year! If you haven’t started watching, please do, then we can all fangirl/boy together.
I use the streaming service 123movie.to (or Go Movies as it is now called) to stream all the Netflix originals, t.v. shows and movies.
1. EPIC INTRO. The opening sequence of Stranger Things is amazing and really grabs your attention. Name a book that grabbed your attention from the first page.
A book that has appeared on many of my book tags; The Book Thief.
2. DUNGEONS & DRAGONS. Name a fantasy world you would like to experience yourself.
The Shadowhunter world would be one that I would love to experience, though not live in due to all of the injustice and corruption of their government that makes Trump seem like the ideal President.
3. SQUAD GOALS. When Eleven met Mike, Dustin and Lucas it was a *mostly* perfect team. Name your favourite bookish group of friends.
Oh sheit there are so many squad goals in books!!!!
I think I’d have to chose the ultimate trio; Magnus Bane, Ragnor Fell, and Catorina Loss from the Shadowhunter chronicles.
4. ABC’s & CHRISTMAS LIGHTS. Joyce Byers goes mad with grief after Will goes missing. Name your favourite mentally unhinged character.
Snow from Stealing Snow who was labeled mentally insane, though like Joyce Byers she also wasn’t as insane as people assumed her to be.
5. THE UPSIDE DOWN. Name a book that was the opposite of what you expected.
I’m interpreting this as a book that was less then what I expected, and I have to say that A Court of Thorns and Roses by S. J. Mass was so hyped up that when I read it I wasn’t that thrilled.
6. MAD SCIENTISTS. Dr. Brenner likes to get freaky with humanity. Name the freakiest dystopian government you can think of.
I know there is a book but in this moment I CANNOT THINK OF ONE!!
The book/ series that popped out at me when I scanned my shelves was The Program book/series by Suzanne Young. I have a review for the last two books in the series; The Epidemic and The Adjustment, and both of those books are just as messed up as the first.
7. DEMOGORGON. Name a scary bookish creature that you would not want to come through your walls.
The dude from More Than This by Patrick Ness. That sheit is scary! If you haven’t read this book, you need to. It is in my top 3 books and i don’t believe I posted a review for this book but I have given it 5 stars on goodreads, and I would give it a billion if I could!
8. CLIFFHANGER ENDING. name a book that left you wanting more.
The ending of Lady Midnight left my torn up, broken on the floor and wanting more.
And that is how I’m ending this post. Crying on the floor after a re-read of Gemina, mostly because i’m sad I can’t read fast enough, and just the sadness at the ending of that book before the danm plot twist. When I see Amie Kaufman next Monday, i’m going to have a stern word with her about messing with my feelings.
Stay Happy, Healthy, and have a Lovely Week!!
Thank You so much for reading and I hope to see you all back here again Wednesday 🙂
© Jasper+Spice 2017. All Rights Reserved. Please do not use without permission. This post was not sponsored, some photos are my own and were featured on my Instagram @thebookishbree. Please follow me on Goodreads (jasperandspice).