The ones we never got to, come back to haunt us…
The third prompt in the #FinnFuryRevolution is Books We Wanted to Read in 2018 but Never Got To. I could honestly list my whole TBR if I want to be annoying, but I chose 4 – seems to be my magic number when it comes to books – that I was sad that I didn’t get to last year.
This was the hardest photo to take because the books wanted to fall, I have 0 balance and 0 faith in myself, plus I was using a DSLR to take the photo. It was a crazy mess. In the photoshoot I did for this book tag I dropped many books, got really mad and really started questioning my sanity and the sanity of those who take amazing aesthetic book photos.
The books I wanted to read, in order of most annoyed at myself to least, are:
- Percy Jackson and The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan
- Someday by David Levithan
- Otherworld by Jason Segal and Kristan Miller
- Queen of Air and Darkness (QOAaD) by Cassandra Clare
(1) I am quite disappointed I didn’t finish my Percy Jackson marathon. I do hope to finish it this year sometime early in the year and do a full video review about the whole series. You can read my other Percy Jackson Reviews here by clicking on the book in the series you’d like to read about: The Lightning Thief, The Sea of Monsters, The Titans Curse, The Battle of The Labyrinth.
(2) Someday is another novel by David Levithan. As the sequel to the much beloved and mindboggling book Everyday, I was super keen to get around to reading it when I first purchased this novel but I never really got to the point where I had room on my monthly TBR for it to go. I feel that it is too special of a book to just slide in there and read as an ‘extra’. It is one of those series that has become part of me and I can’t explain the feeling but it needs to be special (wow that sounds lame).
(3) I started Otherworld when I was in India in early December but I only read 10 pages before putting it away again. It got really busy and I wanted to make the most of my time there. Unable to read on transport, i.e. trains, planes, etc. I never got around to reading more of it even though it was really engaging. It is one of the books I hope to tick off my TBR as it seems to be a fun light read that I can enjoy fuss-free.
(4) QOAaD is obviously the last one as I received it when I came home from India on the 18th of December and due to the busy Christmas period I had no time to read anything, let alone start and finish the review copy of Fierce Fragile Hearts that I have to read (which I am loving by the way!).
I’d never thought about the books I left behind in the previous year but it’s interesting. I can now prioritise what I really want to finish off and feel fully complete in this new year!
Do you have any books that you missed out on reading in 2018?
With Love Bree xx
I'm a Book Depository Affiliate! Get Free Shipping on ALL BOOKS Everywhere!
© Jasper+Spice 2019. All Rights Reserved. Please do not use without my permission. This post was not sponsored, all photos and graphics are of my own creation.