Hey Ho Bookaholics!
As you may not know, I have a massive Marvel obsession. Last year I dedicated a few days of my time to watch the whole Marvel Cinematic Universe in order including the Netflix original series, though I am yet to watch Dr. Strange.
I have many favorite characters in the Marvel franchise, but my top 5 are: Phil Coulson, Matt Murdock, Natasha Romanoff, Peggy Carter and of course Steven Grant Rogers a.k.a Captain America!!
So without further ado, let’s begin the tag!
1. Captain America/Steve Rogers: A book that you read before it was super popular.
Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare, because I ordered this book in hardback off The Book Depository and received it just after it was released and read it in about 3 days.
You can see my unboxing of the book in my Lady Midnight Unboxing titled: I Squealed like a girl and have no regrets..
2. Winter Soldier/Bucky Barnes: A book that you read, but you don’t remember anything about it.
It was hard to find a book that I couldn’t remember anything about because usually when I read a title I remember the whole story; but with books in a series like The Mortal Instruments, all the books just blend together. The book that I least remember the story for is City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare.
I vaguely remember Jace being possessed by Sebastian, but not all the details like I do for the other 5 books.
3. Peggy Carter: A character who has a side to them that you weren’t expecting.
X from The Edge of Everything by Jeff Giles.
This book is being released early 2017 and is an absolute masterpiece. One of the main characters X will leave your heart in a puddle at your feet and is portrayed as a very different person at the beginning of the book to who he becomes at the end.
I can’t wait for everyone to read this book and fall in love with these strange and wonderful characters!
4. Dr. Abraham Erskine: A book you believed in despite people hating on it.
Delirium by Lauren Oliver. After reading and falling in love with the whole trilogy and all companion novels, I have discovered that not many people actually like the Delirium trilogy by Lauren Oliver.
This is not necessarily a series that people ‘hate’ but I feel that a lot more people dislike this series than they like it and it makes me sad to hear negative reviews on these books because I absolutely love the story and concept that I even e-mailed Lauren to ask for backstory on Lena’s mother (which I was told must be left up to my imagination, though I was ecstatic that she replied).
5. Phil Coulson: An author you’re obsessed with and would be a total fangirl if you met them.
Cassandra Clare!! I would totally freak my shit if I met her. Like I would go crazy and probably say something stupid like “I watched you while you were sleeping.” Yeah, I might do a Coulson and embarrass myself so badly it would cause me lifetime embarrassment.
It would be an honor to meet her!
6. Red Skull: A book character who hides behind an organization while trying to get their society to fall apart.
Rephaims or Rephs from The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon. The main culprit Nashira Sargas stays secluded in their own allocated section of land where from there, they pull the strings of the leaders of the all-powerful government of Scion.
7. Falcon/ Sam Wilson: A book that you found recently that you loved.
Nevernight! by Jay Kristoff is a book that I received recently as a late Christmas gift from my best friend and I’ve only read about five pages of this masterpiece and I AM HOOKED!!!
The only reason I have not finished this book was because I’ve been at the beach every day and I would never take a book near the water; though when I get home I hope to finish Nevernight in 2 days.
8. Civil War: Name 5 book characters you would want standing on your team if you went to war.
- X – from The Edge of Everything by Jeff Giles
- Jem Carstairs – from The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare
- Samirah Al Abass – from Maagnus Chase and The Gods of Asgard by Rick Riordan
- Magnus Bane – from The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
- Alec Lightwood – from The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
These question were so damn hard! Hope you enjoyed all of my answers. Comment below if you thought of the same answers or if you have any alternative answers that are probably better suited.
Stay Happy, Healthy, and have a lovely day!!
Thank You so much for reading and I hope to see you all back here again Monday 🙂
© Jasper+Spice 2017. All Rights Reserved. Please do not use without permission. This post was not sponsored, some photos are my own and were featured on my Instagram @thebookishbree. Please follow me on Goodreads (jasperandspice).